As I write today’s blog post I can almost see the grass turning green out the kitchen window. It is obvious I have only a week or so until I will be attempting to run the tiller, mowing and planting garden seeds. All those outdoor responsibilities mean less time with needles and yarn, so I’m trying to cram all my knitting project into about 1 week.
As you can see I’ve finally finished my Rose Garden Shawl project. It really wasn’t that difficult but the shawl was very time consuming and required all of my attention when I worked on it. Some projects are perfect for car rides, visiting with family, or watching a movie- this was not one of those projects. Every row in the pattern was different so there wasn’t a way to memorize what was up next. Each row was filled with yarn overs, slip, slip knits and knit two togethers in a crazy array of combinations. Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed working it up, and I’m very happy with how it turned out. I did end up changing the garter stitch top portion. The pattern called for some short rows which would angle the piece but I chose to keep it simple and keep the piece as a long rectangle.
Having that complete, I immediately started the baby’s Easter vest using the French Bergere de France eyelash yarn. It knits up super fast on size 11 needles. The two front pieces went really fast, but now that I’m on the back I’ve run into the problem of not having the armholes match up. Last night I frogged the entire back piece and put it down for the evening. I have yet to look at it this morning. I am determined to get this finished by Easter so she can wear it to church so I’m in for some serious work tonight. I have yet to figure out the rest of her outfit but there seems to be no end of cute little girl Easter dresses at the retail shops.
So, sorry if I’m a little light on the blogging this week as I’m in rush to get things a few projects wrapped up and still get some school done with the kids-